Background Layout

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Don't Worry, I'm the OPPOSITE of Stopping.

Hello faithful friends.  You may be wondering where the hell I went, or more likely, assumed that I got bored with my most recent crafty endeavor.  FEAR NOT!!! I've actually been going stronger than ever.  Long story short, I decided to start selling my stoof.  I'm starting easy at first.  I've been making some simple greeting cards and invitations and posting them on Etsy and Zazzle.  Just like the other random things that you've seen so far, they're not mind-blowing or anything, but I wanted to get some stuff in these online stores just to see if anyone would buy them. :)  A dear friend ripped an article out of Better Homes and Gardens about this girl who put her handmade stuff on Etsy, and her AND her husband were able to quit their jobs and live off her sales.  Living the dream, much?!?!?  I was inspired beyond belief.  (Mostly because she handed it to me shortly before I LITERALLY had my first nervous breakdown about my job.)  So I pretty much immediately started putting things together, just to see if I could.  I have tons of ideas, including custom guitars (thank you Dominick), but for now I'm just starting easy with the cards.  It doesn't require too much time, and they don't have to be particularly complicated, because I'm just scanning them and making the cards on Zazzle. 
So anyhoo.... here's what's up so far: (Halloween themed, of course, since it's the next holiday.)



These are just the fronts.  I obviously made backs and insides as well, but the front is the most important. :)
Ultimately, if things actually sell on Zazzle and Etsy (hint, hint), I'd like to get my own website to sell my stuff.  That way I wont have to pay these sites their ridiculous seller's fees.
Stay tuned, there's definitely more to come!!!!! In the meantime, let me know what you think and if you have any ideas for cards or other things!!!! I could always use inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic Idea!!!! You are brilliant and you inspire me to get back into doing my crafts again. Keep up the good work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo... What does it feel like to be a creative genius? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm hellloooooooo Heather! You could totally answer that question yourself. :) Thanks goils!!!

    ReplyDelete