Background Layout

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Random Shit That May or May Not Suck

So, I found a bunch of pictures from projects I never posted about.  I promised to document my journey, so here you go:

1.) Dom's acoustic guitar.  He wanted something dark and brutal on the front.  Like a cemetery.

"Wouldn't it be awesome if you painted something ridiculous on the back? So that at the end of a hardcore song, I could flip my guitar up and you'd see, like, a Lisa Frank picture?"

BAM!!!!!!

 2.) Paper Stars.  I found a template online, and figured I'd give it a shot.  It was easy, for the most part, but getting that last cone attached with no space between the points....that will require a lot more attention if I ever make these again.  I didn't bother punching holes in them for lights or anything.  I just wanted to see if I could make the actual body.


 STAAAAARRRRRSSSSS!!!!!!!














3.)  Attic.  It's gone through several transformations now.  But the entire thing is covered in Tyvek, and I've painted and built several shelving units. 
  
This is me painting like the BILLIONTH shelf.
This is how I felt about it.
Building shelves for my art supplies.


4.)  The sunporch.  No longer slated as a child's bedroom, I figured I'd paint it anyway as planned. 
Before, the terrible "pank" (some weird combination of pink and salmon) that is actually called "Beautiful Apricot".  Yeah right.

Now a beautiful grey.  But I still hate painting.

 Okay I think that's all for now.  Coming up: I just fixed my closet problem, and have completed my first round of soap experiments.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is leonie I live in south Africa
    I would like to please see more or any guitars that you have painted please, I think the dark ones are beautiful, could you paint a picture of a beautiful huge dark tree with a bright full moon shining behind it, something that looks a little evil yet extremely beautiful and perhaps something underneath that represents broken love or just love in general
    thank you I look forward to your reply

    ReplyDelete